Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Chicken and Corn Chili

This is what we had for supper tonight. It's really good and very easy to make. We had it with homemade bread (we seem to have that once a week or so- I love my bread machine!!!)

Prep Time: 15 minutes, Cook time: 6 to 8 hours, Serves 6

Ingredients:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 (16 oz.) jar salsa
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans
1 (11 oz.) can Mexican-style corn

Directions:

1. Place chicken in the slow cooker the night before you want to eat this chili (I never do b/c I always forget- I really don't think it makes that big of a difference). Season with garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook 6 to 8 hours on Low setting.

2. About 3 to 4 hours before you want to eat, shred the chicken with 2 forks. Return the meat to the pot. Stir the corn and pinto beans (undrained) into the slow cooker and continue cooking until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment